This user manual is to help you maintain, update and use your new eCommerce website easily and quickly. You’ll find detailed screenshots, explanations and instructions on how to manage your new store.
After you’ve tried it a couple of times, you’ll find it’s easy to use and you may not need this guide any longer, but it is here as a reference.
Accessing your website
You can access your website from:
What your customer sees, also known as “The Front End”:
The Admin panel, where you can change your website or add new products:
You’ll need to enter your username and password.
The Admin Area
The admin area is where you can make changes, add new products, check for orders, and anything else related to your website.
Once you have logged in, you will see a list of administrative items on the left side of the screen. You can use these to move around the admin section.
Adding and removing staff from your shop
For site administrator
If you like, you can give access to staff members, so they can access and change parts of your shop. This takes less than a minute.
To give a staff member access, log in to your account and do the following:
- Click “Settings” (left-hand menu). [image]
- Click “Account” (left-hand menu). In the main screen under Staff Members click “Invite staff member”. [image]
Your new team member will receive an email, and be able to set their own username and password.
That’s it: your staff member will now have access.
To remove a staff member: Navigate to Account as above, and click the trash can icon or “Remove”.
Switching between the front end and admin panel
While logged into the administration panel you can easily switch between the admin panel and your store. This allows you to make changes to your store and then quickly and easily view them so you can see what your customer will see.
To switch from the store admin to the store front click on the ‘View your store’ button in the upper left of the admin panel.
This will take you to your store in a new browser tab where you can view your changes.
To switch back to the admin panel; from your store click the ‘Go to store admin’ at the top right of the store.
You will be taken back to the store administration panel.
Your website comes pre-loaded with several products added. From time-to-time, you might want to add, remove or change product information. This section describes how.
Adding products to your store is an easy process.
- From the main tabs at the top of the page click onProductsas shown below. [image]
- You will be taken to the Products page where a list of all your existing products will be displayed. Click “Add Product” to begin creating a new product. [image]
- On the “Add Your New Product” page you can enter in the details of your product including:
- Product title
- Product description
- Product type (e.g. Eye Shadow, Lip Gloss, Foundation, etc.)
- Product vendor (manufacturer)
- Selling price, weight, compare at price
- SKU (unique identifier)
- Tags : These are required for the filters to work. Add one tag per category. E.g. Region, Type, etc. Similar to the demo “Drinks page”.
- Product images
- You can also add the product to various collections and feature the product on the home page.
First, are you sure you want to delete the product? Or do you just want to hide it from public view, for example while you get more stock in?
If you really want to delete it:
- Click on ‘Products’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Locate the product you want to delete in the product listing and click on the product name to enter the product page. 3 .At the very bottom of the product page is the ‘Delete this product’ button. Click this button and follow the instructions for removing the product from your store. [image]
If you just want to hide it:
- Click on ‘Products’ from the main menu bar.
- Locate the product you want to ‘hide’ in the product listing and click the product name to enter the product page.
- At the bottom of the product page, just above the Delete this product button, you will see Visibility. Select the radio button for ‘hidden’. The product will now be hidden on your storefront. Select ‘visible’ to make it visible again. [image]
At some point you may want to update existing products. To update an existing product:
- Select ‘Products’ from the left-hand side menu.
- Locate the product you wish to update in the list of products now displayed and click on the product name to enter the product page.
- This will take you to the product page in edit mode.
- In this mode you can now edit the product title, product description and properties like product type and vendor. You can also add/remove product tags and add the product to different collections.
If you want to update the price of a product or the quantity you can do so from the ‘Inventory and Variants’ section of the product page.
- From the product page of the product you want to update scroll down to the ‘Inventory and Variants’ section. [image]
- Click the ‘edit’ link next to the item/variant you wish to edit. This will open up the ‘Edit Variant’ window. [image]
- From here you can update price, SKU and product/variant weight and quantity of product if your store is tracking your inventory.
To view and manage your customers click on ‘Customers’ in the left-hand navigation menu bar .
Here you can track the order history of your customers, see who is spending the most and who keeps coming back. You can also create customer groups or saved searches that can be dynamically updated.
Collections are groups of products based on some criteria. To add/edit custom and smart collections of products click on ‘Collections’ in the navigation menu bar.
Here you can create and edit collections, which are different groupings of products based on criteria that you choose.
When we set up your store, we’ve created some initial collections. You can refer to these as examples. In order for your products to appear in the right collection, you’ll need to do the following:
- Add the correct product TYPE: E.g. “Bottle” or “Liqueur”; and
- Add the correct product TAGS to the product, e.g. “Scotland”, “Gin”, and so on. (One tag for each appropriate filter category).
To manage the filters, please go to Apps > Power Filter App.
The ‘Blog posts’ area (under the Your Website section in the left-hand menu) is where you manage your store blog. Click on ‘Blog posts’ in the navigation menu bar.
Here you can add new blogs, and write new articles. You can also edit pages and set them to either visible (published) or hidden.
The ‘Pages’ area is where you add/edit the various pages of your website (e.q. Contact Us, FAQ, About.) Click on ‘Pages’ in the left-hand side menu under Your Website.
Here you can add/edit the pages of your website and set them to either visible (published) or hidden.
To add/edit store discounts click ‘Discounts’ from the main navigation bar.
In this section, you can add/edit special discounts or discount coupons if your account plan allows it.
The settings section is the main administrative area for managing general settings, regions & taxes, checkout & payment, shipping, email & notifications and DNS & domains. Click on ‘Settings’ from the left-hand side menu.
This will take you to the Store Settings page where you will see a new left-hand side menu.
- General Settings is where you setup the basic information about your store including store name, email address, shop description, time zone and phone number.
- Checkout sets your payment gateway(s) and the process your customers will go through to make payment on their orders.
- Shipping is where you set your shipping rates, which can be weight-based or price-based.
- Taxes sets your tax zone based on destinations. Y ou can add new destinations and apply custom tax rates
- Notifications is where you will find the email templates that are sent when customers place orders, when orders are shipped or when orders are confirmed etc.
- Domains deals with the domain used by your store so that the transition to your store is seamless.
- Files is where you can upload and manage files such as images, videos and documents for use throughout your store.
- Account is where you can see details of your current plan as well as add staff members to your store.
Changing the logo
You can upload a custom logo to bring your storefront together and keep with your brand. The logo is set in your theme settings. Select ‘Themes’ from the left-hand side menu and then ‘Theme Settings’.
In Theme Settings select ‘General Settings’:
In the dropdown box for ‘Site logo’ choose ‘Custom uploaded image’ and then click the ‘Choose File’ button to browse and select your logo image. Once done select ‘Save’ at the bottom of the settings page to save your changes. The logo will now appear on in your store.
You set your shipping options in the shipping module, which is accessed by navigating toSettings -> Shipping. This will open the shipping page as seen below.
Here you can add a variety of weight-based or price-based shipping rates.
Weight-based Shipping Rate
To add weight-based shipping rates click the ‘Add shipping rate’ button. This will pop up the shipping rate tool.
Name the new shipping rate, and then under ‘Criteria’ choose ‘Based on order weight’ and set the weight range and shipping price. Click the Save button to add the new rate.
Price-based Shipping Rate
To add price-based shipping rates click the ‘Add shipping rate’ button. This will pop up the shipping rate tool.
Name the new price-based shipping rate. Under criteria choose ‘Based on order price’. You can set the price range the shipping rate will affect by entering the low end of the price range and either using the ‘and up’ to affect all prices above or click on the ‘and up’ to enter in an upper range value.
Click on the ‘Save’button to save the new shipping rate.
Adding More Countries
You may need to ship your items to multiple countries and want to create new shipping rates for those countries. You can do this from the ‘Shipping’ section. Click on the ‘Add Country” button.
Select the country from the dropdown list and click the ‘Add country’ button.
You can then set the preferred tax rate for the new country under ‘Taxes’ in the left-hand side administration menu.
What do I need to do when I get an order?
To process an order go to ‘Orders’on the left-hand side menu.
Here you can view all of your orders. You can filter orders by Order Status (open, closed, cancelled), Payment Status (paid, pending, authorized, abandoned, refunded, voided) or Shipping Status (fulfilled, partial, not fulfilled.)
Click on the order you wish to view or process. This will take you to the status page of that order .
On this screen you will find all the details of the order from customer name and email address, shipping address & billing address, payment method, shipping method and information on the product ordered.
At the bottom is a section calledOrder Historythat shows you each step of the process from the order being placed by the customer to you shipping the order to the customer.
If you need to contact the customer click ‘Contact customer’.
This will open up a form where you can compose and send an email to your customer.
If you want to attach a note to this order click the ‘Attach note’ button and a form will open up where you can write and attach a note to this order.
To accept the payment for this order, click on the ‘Accept Payment’ button in the payment method box.
The box will change and you will be prompted to accept the amount charged for this order. Once you accept the status of the payment will be changed to ‘Payment Received’.
The next step will be to fulfil the order and ship the item. Click on the ‘Fulfil items’ button. This will open up the fulfilment section where you can verify the item(s), enter in a tracking number if available (can be entered in later as well) and select whether to notify the customer.
Click the ‘Fulfil items’ button to mark this item as shipped. You will now notice that back on the Orders page the order is marked as paid and fulfilled.
You can now close the order in a couple of different ways. The first is to click on the order to go to its page. There you can choose ‘Close this order’.
The other method is back on the main Orders page. Check the box next to the order(s) you want to close. This activates a dropdown box with several options.
You can close the order, open the order or capture payments. Click the ‘Close Orders’ to close the order(s). This is a great way to batch process multiple orders.
What happens when someone places an order?
When a customer places an order there are a number of things that happen automatically.
- An email is sent to the customer confirming their order.
- An email is automatically sent to site admin with details about the new order.
- The order gets registered in your store and will display in the Orders panel of your store administration.
These emails are fully customizable in the ‘Notifications’ panel under ‘Settings’. Here you will find all the email templates that will be sent when an event occurs such as an order being placed, an order shipping or when an order is cancelled.
What do I need to do when I get an order?
What do I need to do when I get an order?